Welcome to Hayward

Kicking around town can be lots of fun. Come join me.

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Today is always new.

Today we are taking dad to Kaiser's Fall Prevention Class.  I'm not sure how much they can really help him, since the reason he keeps falling is that right leg is so weak and it gives out underneath him.  I think it's time to start minimizing my things again and start donating lots to Salvation Army.  I don't know how things keep accumulating - lol.  I saw medjool dates at Food Source yesterday shopping with dad.  I want to run back over there and pick some up today.  I keep reading about them, and have never tried them.  I think they are seasonal and hard to get.  This may be my only chance this year.  Very excited to try them.  Somewhere I read that they taste like caramel.

Poor dad.  He drank our new Lactose-Free Milk - and it went right through him.  Now he has a BIG clean-up mess to take care - plus much-needed shower - before we leave for his Fall Prevention Class.  I am pretty surprised that he cannot even drink the lactose-free milk.  He loves milk more than anything else - naturally!  Just I love citrus/acid foods - oranges, pickles, pineapple, tomatoes - but can only tolerate smaller amounts - keep hoping I outgrow it.  lol  May have to ask the doctor, but I don't know of any other alternatives for the milk for dad.  Maybe he just drank too much too quickly.  I'll have to question him further a little later.  I went and bought some dates this morning, but haven't tried them yet.  I'm a little nervous.  Why, why not.  I need Something to look forward too.  Smile!

No comments: