Welcome to Hayward

Kicking around town can be lots of fun. Come join me.

Friday, June 8, 2012

674 5TH STREET OAKLAND CALIFORNIA 1940 CENSUS.ARCHIVES.GOV

This is the address dad grew up.  Now, I am going to check the 1940Census.archives.gov website.  Go to Enumeration District (ED).  ED into search engine.  Hopefully, they will list occupations, salaries and who lived with them.  If I find it, it should be very interesting.  Found It!  Pretty cool.  Dad really enjoyed it too!  Dad was 14 and Auntie Dorothy was 9, Nana was 44 with Zero income.  The boys Tony, Pete, Mike, Al and Joe all worked and paid for everything.  By 1940, their dad had died, their grandmother had died, their brother Willie had died, and Auntie Mary was married and out of the house.  They owned the house that was worth $1500.  Dad said it was a big house.  And they did have one bathroom.  No heat.  Just the heat that they got from their stove in the kitchen.

Today, I went to Garin Park and waxed my car.  Looks nice.  Used the products I got from Joe Campanelli from QVC.  S U P E R   E A S Y ! 

No comments: