Welcome to Hayward

Kicking around town can be lots of fun. Come join me.

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Silent Movies

Tonight dad and I went to the Charlie Chaplin - Niles Essanay Silent Film Museum and saw a newsreel, a short and a full-length silent movie.  This was Clara Bow's second movie.  She was only 16.  She just had a small role.  Two of the leading roles met during this movie and married for 61 years!  They also had tours during the Intermission.  It last for three whole hours.  $5 donation for the film.  $1 popcorn  $1 soda  We had a really fun time.  They had a really good crowd there.  The piano player was positively spectacular.  I could have listened to her play piano all night, even without the films.  Total, full emotions, throughout all of the reels.

Last night I cancelled my WeightWatchersonline.  I just am not using it.  Why waste the money.  I still want to lose weight, but it's not going to be that way.  I need to look up a couple of menu's that I can repeat a lot, and just try to eat less.  I noticed since tonight is one of the fewest nights I have been out in 4 1/2 years, that usually I just sit home and eat.  The biggest problem is, poor dad gets so upset if I suggest going out without him.  Not sure if he is more concerned about my safety or his being alone.  Kind of a combination I think.  It did feel so good to get out of this house.  I feel like a recluse.  Oh, I AM a recluse right now.  hahaha

No comments: