Welcome to Hayward

Kicking around town can be lots of fun. Come join me.

Friday, February 18, 2011

Sammy Sarubbi Died

Our dear friend, Sammy Sarubbi has passed away.  Salvatore Mario Sarubbi.  Remember, that adorable picture of him on December 31, 2010.  That was the last time we saw him.  He was so happy and playful.  Sammy celebrated his 87th birthday January 1, 2011.  It's interesting how many people we know, that shortly before they die, they seem to be healthier and happier.   We are going to miss you dear friend.  Have Fun in Heaven!

The family had a nice day.  We spent some time at Uncle's Joe's and I borrowed a photo album that I am going to scan a lot of the pictures.   I love my scanner.  So far, I have only scanned.  Haven't quite figured out how to get the pictures into the computer yet.  Probably should learn how to save the pictures onto an SD Card for safety.  Then, we all went shopping at the Livermore Costco.  The rain was pouring down on the freeway and poor Uncle Joe had a pretty tough time of driving.  The good part was we stayed and ate at Costco and had their Polish Hot Dogs for lunch.

Skipper and Cheri called tonight to check on dad.  Looks like there is a pretty good chance I may be able to fly to Lubbock for Kat's high school graduation.  Sure hope so.

No comments: