Welcome to Hayward

Kicking around town can be lots of fun. Come join me.

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

My Passion for Design

Enjoying my book, "My Passion for Design" by Barbra Streisand.  Can you believe it has been a week and it is still pouring down rain.  Happy to be cozy in the house this morning and really enjoying the sounds of the rain.  I love to read lots and lots of books and then I either donate them to the library or sell them online through Amazon.com or half.com.  This morning I just sold my book, "Ten Consecutive Years Living in Cars".  So I wrapped it up to get it mailed off, and then I remembered I still have several books that I have not finished sitting on my shelves.  The largest is my Barbra book.  It is beautiful, but my goodness!  I guess I enjoy minimalism and the lessening of items.  But, that is just about my own ownership.  It wouldn't be nearly as much fun, if you couldn't go everywhere and enjoy everyone elses collections and creativities.  Then back home to your own simplicity.  Seems like the perfect world for me.

This morning Luigi goes in for his rabies vaccine and then over to renew his dog's license for three more years.  How can Luigi be 4 1/2 years old!  How could my mom be gone for so long.  How could my dad and I be hanging out for all these years.  Time flies - that's how!  These have been very mellow, lay-back years.  Highlights - family lunches!  haha  Each day stretches into the next, but I think I will always look back on these days with fondness.  With the simplicity and non-pressure of life.  Having someone care about you.  Taking care of you.  Easy to take for granted when you have it.  So, I want to take the time and appreciate it.

It's just that I have such an itch to get on the road and travel.  Go places.  See things.  Patience.  Patience.  Patience.

Tonight I went online to Amazon.com and ordered my new Canon Powershot Elph 300 HS Digital Camera and SanDisk 8GB Extreme SDHC Class 10 High Performance Memory Card.  It's a nice small camera that will fit easily into my jeans pocket.  It includes burst mode, which I love, because I take like 10 pictures quickly in a row and then find the best one.  The camera also has 1080p full HD.  The memory card, I believe is going to allow me to not have to curse at my camera.  I understand the Transcend Class 10 Memory Card sometimes fails, or drops pictures, or is slow to transfer pictures.  You, of course, do realize that my patience often falls a tad short.  I want more patience.  I want it Right Now!  hehe 

No comments: